To advance the success of women lawyers and strive for a just society.
: Promoting equality and diversity within the legal profession and the community.
Leadership: Developing women lawyers into leaders.
Community: Engaging and celebrating a diverse community of women lawyers.
MWL Strategic Goals and Strategies for FY 2015 - 2018
A. EQUITY. Elevate the status and position of women attorneys.
1. Capitalize on MWL’s unique position in the legal community to increase equity in the profession.
2. Advance MWL's mission by leveraging the MWL Parity Project.
3. Work with legal employers to effect positive change in the profession.
B. DIVERSITY. Commit to diversity and inclusion in all facets of MWL.
1. Create a Diversity and Inclusion Statement.
2. Develop specific, tangible goals and action steps for diversity and inclusion.
3. Strengthen partnerships with affinity bar associations.
4. Grow MWL’s membership to better reflect the diversity of women attorneys in Minnesota.
C. COMMUNITY. Facilitate the engagement of women attorneys in striving for a just society.
1. Evaluate and affirm MWL’s public policy/community action focus areas.
2. Provide meaningful opportunities for MWL members to engage with the broader community in striving for a just society.
D. FOCUS. Maximize MWL’s mission impact by focusing our resources.
1. Streamline and focus MWL's organizational structure and processes.
2. Strengthen the Board of Directors’ ongoing role in setting and guiding MWL’s strategic direction.
3. Set measurable goals and outcomes to guide MWL's work.
4. Strategically provide member services that support the success of women attorneys (e.g. leadership development, professional development, mentoring and networking).
5. Develop a cohesive, recognized brand that effectively communicates MWL’s mission and values.
6. Evaluate and implement opportunities to leverage technology.
7. Develop effective ways to grow and serve members in our Greater Minnesota Chapters.
E. FUNDING. Secure MWL's short and long-term financial stability.
1. Create a comprehensive development plan.
2. Leverage opportunities available through the new MWL Foundation, coordinating efforts as appropriate.